- EFC approved the proposal for Establishment of IIITM, Gwalior: In October 1995, the Institute was established as a National Resource Institution for the integration of IT and management.Two post graduation programmes one and half years and other is two years respectively.The block grant pattern of sundry as applicable to IITs and IIMs will be applicable to the present proposal also.In the IX plan Non Recurring fund was sanction Rs. 48.00 crore and recurring expenditure Rs. 1369 lakhs. The proposal to introduce five and a half years integrated programme for 10+2 students in IX th Plan.
- Approval by the Cabinet GOI The institution got its approval by the Government of India in January 1996.
- MHRD provided the letter: D.o. No. 28-1/96-TS(IV) dated 4-12-96 the copy of MOA and rules and regulation of IIITM society.
- IIITM Gwalior Society was registered: The IIITM, Gwalior societywas registered on 30 January 1997.
- Land for the campus: Government of Madhya Pradesh allotted land free of cost, 60.67 hectares land on Morena Link Road on16th October1998.
- The first meeting: The first meeting of society was held on 17-1-1997 at Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi.
- First academic programmes started: First Academic Programmes got started July 1998 (PGDMIT with intake of 30 students).Subsequently PGDIT in 1999 with an intake of 15, Ph.D. programme in July 2000 and 5-year Dual degree PG programme also in July 2000, two new MBA in July 2002 and another two New MBA in 2003.
- First director joined: The first director joined the Institution in October 1998.
- First full time faculty joined: The first full time faculty joined the Institution in August 1999.
- Attaining a Deemed University status: The institute attained a Deemed University Status on 26 March 2001(After PGDMIT, PGDIT and Fellowship programmes became MBA, M.Tech & Ph. D. programme respectively).
- First installment of grant received: First Installment of Grant was received, an amount of (INR) 40 Lakhs in 1997-98 by the Institute.
- Total grant received till 9th Plan: The total grant received till 9th Plan was (INR) 65.05Crore ((INR) 3.36 Crore for 10th Plan).
- Grant approved for 10th Plan: The institute's Grant was approved for 10th Plan with (INR) 28 crore for plan and non plan (INR) 4.5 Crore for 2002-2003.
- Number of academic programmes offered by the Institute: The number of academic programmes offered by the Institute was set to a total of 9 programmes.
- Number of subjects and courses Designed and offered every year:The number of subjects and courses to be Designed and offered every year were set to 70.
- Number of students planned at the end of 10th plan: The number of students planned at the end of 10th plan were 1000(as per Annexure I).
- The total meeting of the society: The total number of meetings of the society up to now is 16.
- Faculty posts approved so far: The total number of faculty posts approved is 19 (6 core and 3 on contract are in position).
- Support staff posts approved so far: The total number of Support Staff posts approved is 15 (on contract 8).
- Starting of MDP center: The starting of MDP center was on July 2000 (Programmes conducted: MDP 12, FIP 1, CEP 4, inhouse training programmes 6).
- Certificate and diploma programmes for gGovt officers: Certificate and Diploma programmes for Govt officers was provided on January 2003.
- Distance Education Centre: Distance Education Centre got its starting in March 2003.
- E-governance and CRM Centre: E-governance and CRM Centre was established in April 2003.
- Sponsored research and consulting work: Sponsored research and consulting work started from 2000, (10 projects handled).
- Internet connectivity : Leased line in place and STPI Earth station with 2mbps connectivity is operational since August 2003.
The website is at its BETA phase. Please help us to improve the website by giving your suggestions